On October 8, 2016, we held our annual “Reach for the Stars” Grand Gala Auction at the Tulalip Resort Casino. This event raised over $470,000 to provide programs for our kids geared toward academic success, healthy lifestyles, and good citizenship.
For 70 years, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Snohomish County has been a prominent feature in local communities. We have grown to over 20,000 kids in 21 Clubs and 15 school sites, providing kids with a safe and positive place to go before and after school. We strive to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Support for the Grand Gala Auction Helps Provide:
- Opportunities to build new skills raising each child’s belief that he or she can succeed and receive recognition for personal accomplishments.
- Ongoing relationships with caring adults and connections to new friends in a positive
environment, reinforcing a sense of belonging, accountability, civility and civic responsibility.
- Generation-changing programs that support a commitment to learning, positive values, healthy habits and high expectations for success as an adult.
- A safe place to spend time during non-school hours and the summer as an alternative to the streets or being home alone.
- A chance to play, have fun, laugh and learn.
Registration is now CLOSED for the 47th Annual Mukilteo Luau & Auction. The event will be held September 24, 2016 at the Mukilteo Boys & Girls Club. All proceeds will benefit the Mukilteo Capital campaign for the construction of the new Club. For more details, visit our Mukilteo Luau page. We hope to see you there!
5:30 p.m. – Silent Auction
6:15 p.m. – Buffet Dinner
8:00 p.m. – Silent Auction closes
8:00 p.m. – Live Auction
Dancing to Follow
TICKETS SOLD OUT!
Auction Items include:
Dinner with the Mukilteo Fire Department
Cabo San Lucas Timeshare
Autographed Star Wars Poster
Seahawks Autographed 787 Model Airplane
Lake Chelan Getaway
Seahawks Game Day Package
Winemaker Dinner for 8
Premium Tequila Tasting
and many more!
To contribute an auction item or for advertisement/sponsorship opportunities, please contact Chuck Davis at (425) 239-7781.
BGCSC announces the kick-off of its Annual Giving Campaign beginning May 1st and running through June 30th.
The Campaign for Kids is the primary source of funding for our organization. Contributing to CFK helps establish a base of supporters who are involved, informed, and committed to our work. We never turn a child away. No child is denied access to programs and membership. A membership is $30 annually, but the true cost for each kid is over $450 annually.
Why Your Support is needed in Snohomish County:
- 13% of kids under the age of 18 are living in poverty
- 336,345 of Washington’s school age children are alone and unsupervised after school
- 61% of children 9-13 do not participate in organized physical activity outside of school
How Your Support will help
- BGCSC serves over 18,000 kids ages 5-18 annually in our 20 Clubs
- BGCSC serves over 2,000 meals and snacks to kids everyday
- Over 400,000 hours of homework assistance is provided annually
- Nearly 10,000 kids participated in sports through the Clubs in 2014
Test drive a new vehicle at Campbell Nelson from January to March and Campbell Nelson will designate $100 to the Alderwood Boys & Girls Club. Contact Mike Neumeister for more details, email@example.com or 425-774-3022.
Macy’s cardholders nationwide took part in the annual Thanks For Sharing event in September. Scheduled to run through December, the campaign was so successful that it met its goal of raising $15 million for charities by September 30!
Macy’s is donating $10 out of each $25 enrollment fee, up to a total of $15 million, to charities. The first $3 million raised will benefit the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women® movement. The balance, up to an additional $12 million, will be donated to Make-A-Wish®, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®, The RESPECT! Campaign™, an initiative of Futures Without Violence® as well as local chapters of Big Brothers Big Sisters and Boys and Girls Clubs.
We will receive a report in January detailing the amount to be gifted to BGCSC. Macy’s Thanks for Sharing has raised over $115 million for charitable causes since 2002. Thank you Macy’s and local BGCSC supporters who participated in the program.