Who We Are
We have 19 Clubs and 15 extension sites providing programs that help nearly 17,000 youth achieve academic success, live healthy and active lifestyles, and develop good character and leadership skills. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Snohomish County is a non-profit organization providing young people ages 5-18 with a safe and positive place to spend their time before and after school and during the summer. Clubs are strategically located in neighborhoods and are accessible to all kids. Since 1946, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Snohomish County has been helping kids from tough neighborhoods stay out of trouble, stay in school and succeed in life.
- Dedicated youth facilities Clubs are neighborhood-based buildings designed solely for youth programs and activities.
- Open when needed most Clubs are open before and after school and during summer when kids have free time and need positive productive outlets.
- Staffed by professionals Clubs are directed by trained youth development professionals who act as role models and mentors.
- Accessible to everyone Any young person, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or income can join the Club.
- Proven programs Our programs develop the assets that youth need to succeed in life.
How we help
Boys & Girls Clubs programs are rooted in the Youth Development Strategies, which assure that all members have positive experiences that build self-esteem. Our Youth Development Strategy is a strength-based approach. We nurture each member’s individual strengths. In doing so, we nurture the positive identity of each of our members, providing opportunities for them to succeed in everything they do, inside and outside of the Club.
- Competency The feeling that this is something boys and girls can do well.
- Usefulness The opportunity to do something of value for other people.
- Belonging A setting where young people know that they are accepted.
- Influence A chance to make an impact in the lived of others.
The Boys & Girls Clubs are charged with deepening their impact on the young people they serve. These key elements drive all of our efforts to have a lasting impact on youth. Safe, positive environments, staff, facilities, after school program offerings and age-appropriate settings produce continuity, predictability and a sense of safety. Clubs set clear and consistently enforced rules that provide structure and define acceptable behaviors.
- Supportive relationships We cultivate relationships by demonstrating warmth, caring, appreciation and guidance when interacting with members. In doing so, we ensure that members forge friendships not only with peers, but also with adults.
- Opportunities & expectations At our Clubs, members acquire diversified skills that open their lives to a world of new possibilities in the context of moral character and ethical behavior.
- Recognition Clubs prominently recognize the accomplishments of members with incentives and awards, thereby affirming an intrinsic sense of self-worth and achievement.
- Fun Clubs generate happiness, fun and enjoyment for members. Members develop a strong sense of belonging through personal connections they establish with staff and their peers.